The village of Titley has been occupied for over a thousand years and there is evidence of a pre-conquest priory in the village originally dedicated to an obscure Welsh saint and later subordinate to the abbey of Tiron in France.
Eywood House was built just west of the village in 1705. A landscaped park was laid out around the house, and an existing kettle lake, Titley Pool, was enlarged. The house was demolished in 1958. Titley Pool is now a nature reserve.
Titley village hall is situated directly behind The Stagg Inn and is available for hire, as well as being regularly used by the parish council and other local organisations such as the WI, Scouts & Brownies, garden and bowls clubs.