Minutes of the Annual Parish Meeting for Titley & District Group Parish Council
Held on Tuesday 10th May 2016 at 7.45 Pm at Titley Village Hall
Present: Cllrs R Edwards (Chairman), R Sankey, H Jones, C Janson, J Mitchell,
R. Bennett, Ward Cllr R Phillips
In Attendance: Parish Clerk Rachael Jones
1. Apologies of absence
Cllr N Davies
2 Declaration of interest
3. Approval Of Minutes from the meeting held on Tuesday 12th May 2015
The minutes were approved and signed.
4. To receive comments/views from local residents from the Parishes of Titley,
Staunton On Arrow, Rodd, Nash and Little Brampton and Knill
There were no comments or views from local residents.
5. Chairmanâ€™s Review For 2015/16
The Chairman made the following points about activities of the Council :
- Rachael Jones was appointed as the new Parish Council Clerk
- Two new Councillors were co-opted –
Jeremey Mitchell (Titley) and Charlie Janson (Staunton On Arrow)
- The Core Strategy was approved and adopted last Autumn by Herefordshire Council.
- Planning applications â€“ various applications have been received for extensions, agricultural buildings, storage buildings, change of use. The main application is for 5 four bedroom houses at Land at The Balance Farm, Titley which is still valid.
- Neighbourhood Plans â€“ Titley & District Group Parish Council will be undertaking their own neighbourhood plans.
- Highways â€“ pot holes are reported and work undertaken quickly.
- Highways â€“ C roads and unclassified roads do not get priority, therefore making our lengthsman very valuable.
- SID â€“ printouts have highlighted the speed cars are travelling through Titley.
- Stansbatch â€“ the safety elements have been highlighted by residents, especially the speed traffic travels through Stansbatch.
- Budgets have been dramatically cut in all areas.
- The Chairman thanked Ward Cllr Roger Phillips for attending the meetings and thanked the Councillors and Clerk for their work.
6. Accounts For The Year Ended 31st March 2016
The Clerk passed around an income and expenditure sheet for 2015/16 and a budget
for 2016/17. These were approved.
The balance of the current account stands at Â£7,995.21 as at 31st March 2016.
7. Ward Councillors Report
Ward Cllr Roger Phillips made the following points in his annual report:
- The Council increased Council Tax by 1.9% plus the 2% social care levy. Fire and Police precepts also increased by 1.9%.
- Councils will have all Government grants withdrawn by 2020 and their income will only come from Council Tax, Business Rates, fees and charges.
- The Council has had to make Â£59 million reductions since 2010/11, and from 2016/17 to 2019/20 a further Â£28 million will need to be found.
- From 2018/19 Parish Councils will have to fund lengthsman schemes.
- The Core Strategy was adopted last Autumn, which means that Titley together with Staunton on Arrow are identified as areas for potential development.
- Recent changes by Government on rural buildings, means a more flexible approach to residential conversion.
- Hereford bypass â€“ In June the planning committee will consider a bypass from A49 to A465 (Abergavenny). This has financial backing of the Government. Construction 2020.
- Highway budget is considerably reduced with only Â£1.5million for 2016/17, compared to Â£20 million in 2014/15 and 15/16. Due to the reduction, there is concern for the future of the highways.
- Due to the heavy traffic, there is continued monitoring of traffic through Pembridge, Shobdon and Lyonshall and the information is used to get extra funding for the highways and safety issues.
- The local Schools at Pembridge and Shobdon are performing well, despite the challenge of reducing budgets and national policies.
- The new recycling centre opened in Kington and is open from Friday â€“ Sunday.
- Ward Cllr Phillips thanked all Parish Councillors, Chairman and Clerk and members of the community who have supported him over the last twelve months.
8. Lengthsman Scheme
- Peter Watts will continue to be the lengthsman for the Parish Council for 2016/17. He records his work to the Clerk each month and all his work is well documented.
- The funding by the Council is unchanged for 2016/17 and the management plan remains the same.
- Next year, 2017/18 funding will be reduced to 25%.
- Ditch work continues to be a difficult issue, as Balfour Beatty are reluctant to carry out ditch work and would like landowners to be responsible.
9. Report From The Village Halls
- Titley Village Hall â€“ Cllr Sankey reported that all the money for the extension has been found, through grants and Village Hall funds. Work should start in the near future.
- Staunton On Arrow Village Hall – The new Treasurer for the village hall is Kate Smith. There is a tea for the Queens birthday on Sunday 11th June.
The meeting closed at 8.40pm.