Minutes Of 8th May 2018

TITLEY & DISTRICT GROUP PARISH COUNCIL
MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
FOR TITLEY & DISTRICT GROUP PARISH COUNCIL
HELD ON TUESDAY 8TH MAY 2018 AT 7.30 PM AT TITLEY VILLAGE HALL

Present: Cllrs R Edwards (Chairman), R Sankey, H Jones, J Mitchell, R Bennett
N Lloyd, C Janson, Ward Cllr R Phillips Cllr N Davies

In Attendance: Parish Clerk Rachael Jones and 2 local residents

1. Election of Chairperson
Cllr Edwards was nominated by Cllr Sankey, seconded by Cllr Mitchell .
Cllr Edwards accepted the role and it was unanimously agreed.

2. Election Of Vice Chairman
Cllr Bennett was nominated by Cllr Mitchell seconded by Cllr Janson.
Cllr Bennett accepted the role and it was unanimously agreed.

3. Apologies of absence
None

4 Declaration of interest
Cllr H Jones Agenda items 7.1 and 11.6

5. Approval Of Minutes from the meeting held on Tuesday 6th March 2018.
The minutes were approved and signed by the Chairman

6 Public Session
Receive Report From Ward Councillor
Ward Cllr Phillips May update, which had been previously circulated, was discussed with the following points noted:
• It was noted that the B4355 going out of Titley by Burcher Court had been resurfaced.
• Hereford Bypass – after the consultation, Herefordshire Council aim to identify the specific route by July.

Receive reports from Parish Councillors
There were no reports

Receive views of local residents
Two local residents from Titley were present and planning application 181476
land at Balance Farm, Titley, regarding approval of a new entrance onto
Eywood Lane was discussed.
The comment date for this application was 25/5/18.

It was agreed to discuss this planning application at the Titley & District Group
Parish Meeting, to be held on Tuesday 15th May 2018.

7. Planning Matters
7.1 The following planning matters were discussed and noted:
• 180566 – 2 The Orles, Roddhurst, Presteigne – Retrospective two storey
extension to the rear and side of existing dwelling – Approved
It was noted that an email had been received resident Nick Allen, regarding
planning application 180566. The contents were noted and filed in the
complaints file.

7.2 Neighbourhood Development Plan –
i) Update – The following points were noted:

• drop in sessions had been organised on 5th May 2018 at Titley Church Room
10am – 12pm and Staunton On Arrow Village Hall 2pm – 4pm, to update the progress of the Neighbourhood Plan and the draft Housing Site Assessment.
• It had been noted from the session at Staunton On Arrow that some negative points had been raised against Site 10.
• A further meeting to discuss Site 10 to be arranged.
• A budget for the remaining costs of the NDP to be undertaken
• Clerk to investigate if the new NDP grant announced of £8,000, was extra to the £9,000 grant already applied for.

8. Finance
To receive Clerk’s report and approve finances (ex VAT)
• Clerks Financial statement
The Clerk informed the Councillors the balance of the current account as at 31/4/18 – £13,625.51.
The Clerk circulated an expenditure and budget sheet, which was approved.
• Review Of Clerk’s Salary – It was agreed to increase Clerk’s salary to Scale 22.
• The following payments (Ex VAT) were AGREED and income noted:
• Clerk’s’ salary as agreed by the Parish Council (Mar/Apr) – chq no: 100929
• PAYE – Jan-March £58.40 – paid under Clerk’s delegated powers chq no: 100928
• PG Watts (Lengthsman) T17:12 (Mar) £348 paid under Clerk’s delegated powers chq no: 100925
• PG Watts (Lengthsman) T18:01 (Apr) – £372 – see minute note 9.2
• Came & Company Insurance – £300 – chq no: 100931
• HALC subscription – £269.15 (ex VAT £53.83) – chq no: 100932
• G J Evans – Internal Audit and PAYE – £150 – chq no: 100936
• NDP Grant – Payments
• David Nicholson TIG04 – £96.60 paid under Clerk’s delegated powers chq no: 100926
• Groundworks UK – repayment of unused NDP Grant – £2081.80 paid under Clerk’s delegated powers chq no: 100927
• Sparkies of Kington – printing – £41 (ex VAT) chq no: 100933
• Hire of Staunton On Arrow Village Hall (NDP Meeting 12/4/18) £12 – chq no: 100934
• Barrington Print – Parish plan maps – £60 – chq no: 100935
• The Following Income Was Noted:
• Herefordshire Council First precept Payment 2018/19 – £5,000

Annual Governance And Accountability Return 2017/18
8.2 Governance Statements – Statements completed, approved and signed by
Chairman and Clerk
8.3 Accounting Statements – approved and signed by Chairman and Financial
Officer

8.4 Data Protection – Compliance – Update
The Clerk informed Councillors that an amendment had been made to the Data
Protection Bill currently proceeding through Parliament, that removes the
requirement for Parish Councils to employ a separate Data Protection
Officer, but other aspects of the Data Protection will still apply.

GDPR policies – Privacy Policy, Subject Access Policy, Personal Data
Management and Audit Policy ADOPTED. General Privacy Notice – Noted

GDPR documents – Action Plan, Consent Form, Checklist for implementing
Subject Access Request (SAR) policy, templates for replying to SAR partly or
in full NOTED.

8.5 Code Of Conduct – Adopted

9. Lengthsman
9.1 Matters Arising From Lengthsman Report
The lengthsman report was circulated and noted
9.2 Lengthsman – Hourly Rate
The Lengthsman had requested an hourly increase, which was refused. It was
agreed to offer a lower rate of £18/hr. Chairman to contact Lengthsman
Clerk to ask Lengthsman to resubmit an amended worksheet for April @ £16/hr
9.3 Lengthsman Contract Between Parish Council And Balfour Beatty For
2018/19
The Contract was signed by the Chairman and Clerk. Clerk to action
9.4 Drive Around Titley with Locality Steward And Lengthsman
It was agreed to arrange a drive around the Titley Parish in January/February
2019.

10 Highways
It was noted that potholes must be reported via the Herefordshire Council website

11. Parish Reports Or Issues
11.1 Kington Library
There was no update
11.2 Kington Court/Community Health And Care Servcies – Update
It was noted that the new Manager at Kington Medical Practice was Kate Lloyd,
there were 3 full time Doctors and a trained pharmacist. The Practice aim to
develop the services within the community.
11.3 Milton/Manor Shoot
The Chairman read out a letter received from the Forestry Commission,
regarding shooting over Wapley Hill Forestry. The letter stated that the shoot had
organised 7 fixtures in November, 5 in December and 6 in January and
stated that the Tenant was not shooting over Wapley 4 times a week.

The Councillors were informed that the local residents at Stansbatch were
constructing a letter to the Forestry Commission.
It was noted that the residents are not against the shoot, but against the
steep rise in the amount of fixtures taking place over the shooting season.

The Councillors were informed that the local residents had evidence regarding
diary dates from this seasons shoot. The Chairman requested that the evidence
be sent to the Parish Council.

It was agreed that once evidence from local residents had been received,
the Parish Council would write to the Forestry Commission, asking for
fixture dates for next season, which would then be monitored.
11.4 Titley War Memorial
It was noted that William Protheroe – Stonemason, would start the restoration
work during July.

11.5 Broadband
There was no update
11.6 Rubble Alongside Green Lane
Cllr Jones informed the meeting, that he had the relevant Licence to
tip builders rubble from his property which is being extended, on his land, to fill a
natural hollow, which was surrounded by trees. He had removed some
unsuitable items from the rubble. The rubble has been covered with soil and
the site levelled.
11.7 Titley Church
It was noted that a letter had been sent from Titley & District Group Parish
Council, to support a grant application for the new catering point and toilets at
Titley Church.

12. Correspondence
There was no correspondence sheet.

13. Date And Place Of Next Meeting
The next Parish Council meeting to take place on Tuesday 10th July 2018 at Staunton
On Arrow Village Hall at 7.30pm.

Meeting closed 9.30 pm

SIGNED (Chairman) …………………………… DATE ……………