TITLEY & DISTRICT GROUP PARISH COUNCIL
MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
FOR TITLEY & DISTRICT GROUP PARISH COUNCIL
HELD ON TUESDAY 9TH JANUARY 2018 AT 7.30 PM
AT TITLEY VILLAGE HALL
Present: Cllrs R Edwards (Chairman), N Davies, J Mitchell, N Lloyd, R Bennett,
R Sankey, C Janson, Ward Cllr Phillips
In Attendance: Parish Clerk Rachael Jones,
1. Apologies of absence
2 Declaration of interest
The following Declaration Of Interest was declared:
Cllr R Edwards & Bennett – Planning application 173191.
3. Approval Of Minutes from the meeting held on 7th November 2017
The minutes were approved and signed by the Chairman
4 Public Session
4.1 Ward Cllr Phillips January update, which had been previously circulated, was discussed and the following points noted.
• All pot holes reported by either logging on the Herefordshire Council website or by phoning 01432 261800, where all defects will be dealt with in a timely manner.
• Resurfacing for 2018 will be published in February
• Kington Court – there was no update, but there was a meeting next week
• The minor injury units were still closed temporary throughout January
• Broadband – Ward Cllr Phillips had not a reply to an email asking for an update.
• Planning Application 172445 – Land At Mill Green, Stansbatch – It was noted that the Planning Department was awaiting a structural integrity report.
4.2 Receive Reports From Parish Councillors
Cllr Davies reported that the surface of the B4362 remains in an awful state.
4.3 Receive Views From Local Residents
There were none
5. Planning Matters
5.1 The following planning matters were discussed and noted:
• 172556 – Land At Mill Green, Stansbatch– Proposed conversion of agricultural buildings into Dwelling and detached garage – Titley & District Group Parish Council submitted comments raising the following concerns the foul water system, encouraging habitat /environmental surveys, if the property was sold in the future for agricultural use there would be no agricultural buildings to support it – – Valid
• 172702 – Land At Old Vicarage, Titley – proposed new dwelling and garage – Approved
• 173394 – Old Court, Staunton On Arrow – reconstruction of farm building following fire – Approved
• 173191 – Old Court, Staunton On Arrow – proposed building for sugar beet feedstock clamp – comments submitted on 17/10/17 regarding concerns over the height of the building – Valid
• 173706 – Cedar House Farm, Roddhurst – proposed roof to cover sheep handling system – Approved
• 174051 – Land adjacent to Stone House, Staunton On Arrow – proposed erection of two detached houses with associated landscaping and infrastructure – comments submitted on 30/11/17 regarding concerns over the size of the houses and the need for more affordable smaller houses for local residents – Valid
5.2 Update on Neighbourhood Plan –
i) Update – The following points were noted:
• Call for sites – forms had been received from landowners from Titley and Staunton On Arrow putting forward sites.
• A meeting had been arranged for 18/1/18 with the Steering Group and David Nicholson (Consultant), to discuss the returned Call For Site Forms.
• A public meeting, with David Nicholson, would be arranged in February/March, for local residents to discuss the returned Call For Site Forms
6.1 To receive Clerks report and approve finances (ex VAT)
• Clerks Financial statement
The Clerk informed the Councillors that the balance of the current account as at 31st December 2017 was £15,409.25. The December Bank Statement was signed and dated by Cllrs Edwards and Bennett
The clerk circulated an expenditure and budget sheet, which was approved.
The following payments (ex VAT) were AGREED and income Noted
• PAYE from Oct to Dec 2017 – £76.60 – chq no 100915
• Clerk’s salary as agreed by the Council (Nov/Dec) – chq no: 100916
• P G Watts (Lengthsman) T17:08 (Nov) £484 paid under Clerk’s delegated powers chq no: 100914 on 18/12/17
• PG Watts (Lengthsman) T17:09 (Dec) £300 – chq no: 100917
• Data Protection Registration – £35 – chq no: 100918
• NOTE INCOME: from Herefordshire Council reclaim of Lengthsman Scheme (Oct – Dec) £324 on 1/1/18
6.2 VAT – Update
The Clerk had reclaimed £684.67 of VAT for the last 3 years.
6.3 External Audit Fee
An email had been received from HALC stating that small Parish Councillors may
not have to pay external Audit Fees from 2017/18.
7.1 Matters Arising From The Lengthsman Report
The lengthsman report for November and December was discussed. It was noted
that works around the parish roads had been carried out by Balfour Beatty.
7.2 Drive Around The Parish With Peter Watts (Lengthsman) And Lara Edwards,
It was agreed that the drive around the parish area with Peter Watts and Lara
Edwards was a useful exercise and due to it, works on the parish roads had been
carried out by Balfour Beatty. It was agreed that these drive arounds should be
arranged on a regular basis.
A drive around Rodd, Nash and Little Brampton Parish had been arranged for
Monday 15th January 2018.
7.3 Expression Of Interest Form For Lengthsman
The above form had been filled out by the Clerk and emailed to Balfour Beatty.
The Clerk informed the Councillors that Peter Watts has agreed to carry on being
The parish Lengthsman for 2018/19.
8.1 Pothole Updates
It was noted that some potholes around the Parish had been filled. The Councillors
were informed to report potholes by telephoning Herefordshire Council on 01432
261800 or by the Herefordshire Council website..
8.2 School Lane, Titley – Ditches
It was noted that there had been no problems with the ditches recently, but should
9. Parish Reports Or Issues
9.1 Kington Library Consultation
There was no update
9.2 Kington Court/Community Health And Care Services
There was no update
9.3 Milton/Manor Shoot
The Chairman read out a letter the local residents of Stansbatch had sent to
Andrew Morris (Milton/Manor Shoot), regarding their concerns over safety issues
with the shoot.
A discussion took place and it was agreed the Parish Council would write to
the Forestry Commission, highlighting the issues between Stansbatch residents and
9.4 War Memorial – Titley
A quotation for restoration work on the War Memorial at Titley had been received
from Hudson Stonework Ltd and Jonathan Protheroe. Hannah Vernon had been
asked by the Parish Council to obtain funding for this work. A pre application for
75% of the cost had been sent to the War Memorial Trust. To get the remaining
25% of the cost, any grant application had to be supported by detailed research
relating to the Titley War Memorial. It was agreed Cllr Mitchell to do research and
Clerk to inform Hannah Vernon by Mid February of the outcome.
9.5 Marches And Gloucestershire Viable Clusters Broadband Project – Update
There was no update
The correspondence from the information sheet was noted.
11. Date And Place Of Next Meeting
The next Parish Council meeting to take place on 6th March 2018 at Staunton On Arrow
Village Hall at 7.30pm.
Meeting closed 9 00 pm
SIGNED (Chairman) ………………………….…………………… DATE ……………