Minutes 8th November 2016

TITLEY & DISTRICT GROUP PARISH COUNCIL

MINUTES Tuesday 8th November 2016 at Staunton On Arrow Village Hall

Present: Cllrs R Edwards (Chairman), N Davies, R Sankey, J Mitchell,
C Janson, H Jones, R Bennett, N Lloyd
In Attendance: Parish Clerk Rachael Jones and 2 local residents

1. Apologies of absence
Ward Cllr R Phillips

2. Declaration of interest
None declared

3. Approval Of Minutes from the meeting held on Tuesday 6th September 2016
The minutes were approved and signed.
Approval Of Minutes from an Extraordinary meeting held on Tuesday 4th October
2016
The minutes were approved and signed
Approval Of Minutes from initial Neighbourhood Planning meeting held on
Wednesday 12th October 2016
The minutes were approved and signed

4. Public Session
4.1 Ward Cllr Phillips sent his apologies. His November update was discussed and the following points noted:

  • Ward Cllr Phillips requested that planning applications 162518 and 162824 be directed to committee. This would mean that the Parish Council and objectors would have 3 minutes each to speak and address the committee. It was agreed that the Chairman, Cllr Richard Edwards would speak on behalf of the Parish Council
  • The following roads were put forward by Parish Councillors for resurfacing for the 2017/18 Capital Program
    Staunton on Arrow Village
    Titley – B4355 – from the 91602 junction to junction 91607 on the B4355
    91602 (Eywood Lane) from junction B4355 50 metres in westerly direction

4.2 Receive Reports From Parish Councillors

  • Cllr Janson reported that he had been contacted by 2 Stansbatch residents, with concerns about work being done at a barn adjacent to Stansbatch House. Cllr Janson contacted Building Control at Herefordshire Council, who agreed to visit the barn and keep an eye on any works carried out.
  • It was also noted that part of a hedge had been removed in the vicinity of the barn adjacent to Stansbatch House. It was agreed that this was a boundary issue not a Parish Council issue.
  • The issue regarding effluent running down the C1027 road, had been reported to Titley Parish Council. This area falls within Lyonshall Parish Council, who are aware of the problem.
    Clerk to contact Lara Edwards, Balfour Beatty Steward.

15/2016
4.3 Receive views of local residents
There were 2 local residents present and a discussion took place relating to
planning applications 160581, 162518 and 162824.

5. Planning Matters
5.1 The following planning matters were discussed and noted:

  • 160581 – Land at Balance Farm, Titley  proposed site for the erection of five 4
    bedroom dwellings – Approved
    The Chairman read out a letter (28/10/16) received from Mr K Bishop, Lead
    Development Manager, Herefordshire Council, which was a reply to the
    complaint Titley & District Group Parish Council had made, regarding the approved planning application 160581. The contents were noted and discussed.
    It was agreed that no further action would be taken on the above approved
    planning application.
  •  162518 Agricultural Workers Dwelling at Balance Farm, Titley –  to remove
    agricultural occupancy condition on the historic permission for an agricultural
    workers dwelling at Balance Farm, Titley, originally granted in 1995 (95/0238/0)
    Valid
    The planning application was discussed and the following point noted:
    o Ward Cllr Phillips has requested that this application be directed to committee. If it goes to committee, the Parish Council and objectors have 3 minutes each to speak and address the committee. It was
    agreed that Chairman, Cllr Richard Edwards would speak on behalf of the Parish Council.

 162824  Land at Balance Farm, Titley –  site for proposed erection of 5 dwellings –  Valid
The planning application was discussed and the following points noted:
o Ward Cllr Phillips has requested that this application be directed to committee. If it goes to committee, the Parish Council and objectors have 3 minutes each to speak and address the committee. It was
agreed that Chairman, Cllr Richard Edwards would speak on behalf of the Parish Council.
o A discussion took place and hoped that as a complaint by Titley & District Group Parish Council had been made against approved planning application 160581, this application would be looked at in more detail.
5.2 Steering Group
i) Terms Of Reference For Steering Group
The terms of reference was discussed for the steering group.
ii) A Parish Councillor from Titley and Staunton On Arrow was nominated as a
representative of the Parish Council on the steering group.
It was agreed Cllr Roger Sankey would represent Titley and
Cllr Richard Edwards would represent Staunton On Arrow
iii) A draft agenda for the first steering group meeting to be held on Tuesday 15th
at 7.30pm at Staunton On Arrow Village Hall was distributed.
iv) A general discussion took place, relating to the Neighbourhood Plan and the
following points noted:

  • It was agreed that the Clerk could pay outside Parish Council meetings,
    any invoices relevant to the neighbourhood plan, up to the value of £200.
  •  The steering group must abide by the Parish Councils Code of Conduct
  •  Clerk to email interested residents, informing them of the steering group meeting
    on 15th November 2016.

16/2016

6.0 Finance
6.1 To receive Clerks report and approve finances (ex VAT)

  • Clerks Financial statement
    The Clerk informed the Councillors that the balance of the current account as at 31/10/16 – £10,524.21.
    The Clerk circulated an expenditure and budget sheet which was approved.
  • The following payments (excluding VAT) were AGREED and income NOTED:
  •  Clerks salary as agreed by the Council (Sep/Oct) –  chq no: 100867
  • P G Watts (lengthsman) T16:07 –  October – £380.00  chq no: 100868
  • Hire of Staunton On Arrow Village Hall for 5th July, 8th November and 15th November 2016 – £36.00 chq no: 100869
  •  Grant Thornton UK LLP  – Audit of the 2016 annual return – £100 (ex VAT)
    chq no: 100870
  • To Note: Application for Defibrillator For Titley Village Hall – £320 (ex VAT ) paid under clerks delegated powers Chq no: 100866
    The Clerk informed the Councillors that the following donations todate had been offered towards the cost of the defibrillator :
    Titley  Church – Harvest Festival Collection – £104
    Kington Lions – £100
  •  To Note: P G Watts (lengthsman) T16:06 – Sept – £372.00 paid under clerks delegated powers chq no: 100863 26/9/16
  •  To Note: PAYE £47.00 (Jul  Sept 16) paid under clerks delegated powers chq no: 100865 4/10/16
  •  To Note: Parish Precept 2016/17 – payment received £3,000
  •  To Note: Income from Herefordshire Council  – refund for lengthsman costs (July – Sept 2016) – Income received £872.00
  • Parish Council Precept 2017/18
    The Parish Precept for 2017/18 was discussed. Due to the reduction of the lengthsman funding to 25% for 2017/18, it was AGREED to increase the Parish Precept by £1,500, making the total precept for 2017/18 – £7,500.
    6.2 Update – HSBC Bank mandate form to add additional signatories to Titley & District Group Parish Council
    The Clerk informed the Councillors that Cllrs Mitchell and Janson were now signatories for the HSBC current account.

7. Lengthsman
7.1 Matters Arising From The Lengthsman Report
Clerk to report the following off the lengthsman report for October to Lara Edwards,
Locality Steward for Balfour Beatty:

  • Road 91601 in Titley –  there are 2 areas by the war memorial (junction with
    B4355) and 2 smaller areas outside Swallows Brook, where the bank of the
    stream running alongside the road outside the properties has eroded into the
    road.

All further action required by Herefordshire Council on the lengthsman report sheets,
have been forwarded to Herefordshire Council.
7.2 Lengthsman Expression Of Interest Form 2017/18
The form was completed by the Clerk for 2017/18, for grant funding for the
lengthsman scheme. The total amount of grant applied for £1,113.

17/2016

8. Highways
8.1 Titley War Memorial – Drainage Issues – Update
The Clerk informed the Councillors that the Environment Agency had been informed
of the deluge of soil washed down School Lane and they had contacted the
landowner.
8.2 SID
The Clerk informed the Councillors that she had contacted Pembridge Parish Clerk,
regarding the whereabouts of the SID.

9. Parish Reports Or Issues
9.1 Update –  Website Wonder      titleygroup-pc.gov.uk
The Clerk informed the Councillors that she had received basic training for the
website. The Councillors were asked to subscribe to the website and notices
advertising the website had been put up on the parish noticeboards.
9.2 Request For A Salt Bin –  End Of Forge Lane
The cost of a new salt bin was discussed. It was AGREED that now the 91607 was
gritted by the Council, the salt bin near Manor Farm was no longer required. It was
AGREED for the Clerk to contact Lara Edwards, Locality Steward, Balfour Beatty,
and ask if this salt bin could be moved to the end of Forge Lane, Titley.
9.3 BT Pay Phones Consultation
The BT pay phone consultation was discussed and it was agreed that the red
telephone boxes at Staunton Green and Staunton On Arrow Village should not be
removed, as the mobile reception was poor and they may be used, especially in an
emergency.
Fibre broadband was also discussed. Cllr Edwards to investigate
9.4 The Clerk had received a copy of an email from a parishioner regarding highway
drainage from the 91607 onto land at Avenue Lodge. The email was read out and
discussed. It was AGREED that Cllr Edwards would contact the owner.
9.5 Training
It was AGREED to organise an in house training session at Titley Village Hall on
Thursday 1st December 2016 at 7pm, with Lynda Wilcox from HALC on Finance
and Procedures. The cost of the training  £150 plus travelling for HALC.
Clerk to arrange

10. Correspondence
There was no correspondence

11. Date And Place Of Next Meeting
Tuesday 10th January 2017 At Titley Village Hall at 7.30pm

.
Meeting closed 9.35pm

SIGNED
(CHAIRMAN)

18/2016