Minutes 7th November 2017

TITLEY & DISTRICT GROUP PARISH COUNCIL

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
FOR TITLEY & DISTRICT GROUP PARISH COUNCIL
HELD ON TUESDAY 7th NOVEMBER 2017 AT 7.30 PM
AT STAUNTON ON ARROW VILLAGE HALL

Present: Cllrs R Edwards (Chairman), N Davies, J Mitchell, N Lloyd, R Bennett,
R Sankey

In Attendance: Parish Clerk Rachael Jones,

1. Apologies of absence
Ward Cllr Phillips, Cllr Janson

2. Declaration of interest
The following Declaration Of Interest was declared:
Cllr H Jones – Planning application 173706
Cllr R Edwards – Planning applications 173191 and 173394

3. Approval Of Minutes from the meeting held on 12th September 2017
The minutes were approved and signed by the Chairman

4 Public Session
4.1 Ward Councillor Phillips sent his apologies. His November update, which had
previously been distributed, was discussed.
4.2 Receive Reports From Parish Councillors
There were none
4.3 Receive Views From Local Residents
There were none

5. Planning Matters
The following planning matters were discussed and noted:
• 171475 – Nash Cottage, Nash, Presteigne – proposed first floor en-suite extension – no objections – Approved
• 172319 – Titley Wastewater Treatment Works, The Forge, Titley – Proposed upgrades and extension to existing wastewater treatment site. Various works to include : septic tank de sludge pipework, two stage reed bed, two kiosk buildings, new access road and turning area – Titley & District Group Parish Council raised a concern  regarding the water discharging into the River Arrow – Approved
• 172556 – Land At Mill Green, Stansbatch- Proposed conversion of agricultural buildings into Dwelling and detached garage – Titley & District Group Parish Council submitted comments raising the following concerns the foul water system, encouraging habitat /environmental surveys, if the property was sold in the future for  agricultural use there would be no agricultural buildings to support it – – Valid
• 172702 – Amended Application For Land At Old Vicarage, Titley – Proposed new dwelling and garage. Cllr Edwards read out a letter of objection from Mr & Mrs Turner (Church Cottage). It was noted that the Parish Council had already commented regarding their concerns over the access – Valid
• 173394 – Old Court, Staunton On Arrow – reconstruction of farm building following fire – No Objection
• 173191 – Old Court, Staunton On Arrow – proposed building for sugar beet feedstock clamp – comments submitted regarding concerns over the height of the building
• 173706 – Cedar House Farm, Roddhurst – proposed roof to cover sheep handling system – Valid – No objections
5.2 Update on Neighbourhood Plan –
i) Update – The following points were noted:
• NDP newsletter had been delivered to residents
• Call for sites within the core of the villages – a form will go out to relevant landowners, which must be returned by       22nd December 2017.
• A public meeting will be organised once sites have been received.
• The second phase of the NDP grant for £4,500 has been received.

6. Finance
6.1 To receive Clerks report and approve finances (ex VAT)
•  Clerks Financial statement
The Clerk informed the Councillors the balance of the current account as at 31st October 2017 was £12,102.40.            The bank statement for October was signed by Cllrs Edwards and Bennett
The clerk circulated an expenditure and budget sheet, which was approved.
The following payments (ex VAT) were AGREED and income Noted
• PAYE from July to Sept 2017 – £58.40 paid under Clerk’s delegated powers chq no 100904 dated 5/10/17
• Clerk’s salary as agreed by the Council (Sept/Oct) – chq no: 100907
• P G Watts (Lengthsman) T17:06 (Sept) £256 paid under Clerk’s delegated powers chq no: 100903 on 5/10/17
• PG Watts (Lengthsman) T17:07 (Oct) £512 – chq no: 100908
• Hire of Titley Village Hall Inv No 21 (Parish Council Meetings) £39.00 –
chq no: 100909
• Hire Of Titley Village Hall Inv No 22 (NDP meetings) £45.00 – chq no: 100909
• Hire Of Staunton on Arrow Village Hall (NDP Meeting – 5/10/17)) £12 –
chq no: 100910
• Hire Of Staunton On Arrow Village Hall (NDP Meeting) – (26/10/17) £12-
chq no: 100910
• Hire of Staunton On Arrow Village Hall (Parish Council) – (7/11/17) £12 –
chq no: 100911
• Sparkies of Kington – (NDP) £30 (plus VAT £6) – chq no: 100912
• Thorn Granton (Audit) – £120 – chq no: 100913
• NOTE INCOME: from Herefordshire Council reclaim of Lengthsman Scheme (Jul – Sept) £252 on 18/10/17
• The Following paid under Clerk’s delegated powers from NDP Grant Monies:
• DJN Planning Ltd – analysis of residents survey responses – paid under Clerk’s delegated powers from NDP Grant     Monies £1321.60 – chq no: 100905 dated 5/10/17
6.2 Overspend of NDP Grant
It was noted that there had been an overspend on the NDP Grant of £196.76.
6.3 VAT
A discussion regarding the reclaiming of VAT took place. Clerk to reclaim VAT
from last 3 years.
6.4 Parish Precept 2018/19
A discussion regarding setting the Parish Precept for 2018/19 took place. It was
agreed to set the Parish Precept requirement for £10,000. The Chairman signed
the Parish Precept Requirement Form.

7. Lengthsman
7.1 Matters Arising From The Lengthsman Report
The lengthsman report for September and October, together with the grit bin survey
was discussed and noted.
Clerk to forward above to Lara Edwards, Balfour Beatty.
Clerk to circulate the lengthsman’s monthly report to Councillors
7.2Drive Around The Parish With Peter Watts (Lengthsman) And Lara Edwards,
     Balfour Beatty.
A drive around the Staunton On Arrow Parish had taken place on 30th October
2017, with Peter Watts (lengthsman), Lara Edwards (Balfour Beatty), Cllr Edwards
and Clerk, Rachael Jones. The report which had been previously circulated to
Councillors, was discussed.
It was agreed that a drive around the Rodd, Nash and Little Brampton Parish in
January 2018, should be arranged. Clerk to organise.

8. Highways
8.1 Pothole Updates
It was noted that some potholes around the Parish had been filled.
8.2 SID
It was agreed to arrange for the SID to be in Titley for the end of December.
Cllr Sankey to organise.
8.3 School Lane, Titley – Ditches
The drains and ditches at School Lane, Titley were discussed. The Clerk informed
the Councillors that the problem had been reported to Lara Edwards, Balfour
Beatty, who was looking into the problem.

9. Parish Reports Or Issues
9.1 Kington Library Consultation
There was no update
9.2 Kington Court/Community Health And Care Services
A discussion took place regarding the above.
9.3 Milton/Manor Shoot
It was noted that an update would be given at the January 2018 meeting.
9.4 War Memorial – Titley
A quotation for restoration work on the War Memorial at Titley had been received
from Hudson Stonework Ltd. A discussion took place and it was agreed to get a
second quote from Jonathan Protheroe. Clerk to arrange.
A discussion took place regarding funding for the restoration work on the War
Memorial and it was agreed to contact Hannah Vernon, to obtain funding.
Clerk to organise.
9.5 Marches And Gloucestershire Viable Clusters Broadband Project – Update
Correspondence from Matt Smith, Operations Manager, Fastershire, had been
received, requesting letters of support from Parish Councils, for the European
Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD) Application, for the Marches And
Gloucestershire Viable Clusters Broadband Project.
The Chairman informed the Councillors that a letter of support had been sent

10. Correspondence
The correspondence from the information sheet was noted.

11. Date And Place Of Next Meeting
The next Parish Council meeting to take place on 9th January 2018 at Titley Village Hall
at 7.30pm.

Meeting closed 9 20 pm

 

SIGNED (Chairman) …………………………… DATE ……………