Minutes 6th March 2018

TITLEY & DISTRICT GROUP PARISH COUNCIL

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
FOR TITLEY & DISTRICT GROUP PARISH COUNCIL
HELD ON TUESDAY 6TH MARCH 2018 AT 7.30 PM
AT STAUNTON ON ARROW VILLAGE HALL

Present: Cllrs R Edwards (Chairman) J Mitchell, R Bennett,
C Janson, Ward Cllr Phillips

In Attendance: Parish Clerk Rachael Jones

1. Apologies of absence
Cllr Jones Cllr Davies

2 Declaration of interest
The following Declaration Of Interest was declared:
Cllr R Edwards & Bennett – Planning application 173191.

3. Approval Of Minutes from the meeting held 9th January 2018
The minutes were approved and signed by the Chairman

4 Public Session
4.1 Ward Cllr Phillips monthly update, which had been previously circulated, was discussed and the following points noted:

• All pot holes must be reported via the Herefordshire Council website
• There are ongoing discussions regarding the water leak on the B4355
Near Burcher at the Horseway Head junction
• Ward Cllr Phillips has joined the Kington Patient Participation Group to represent the views of local residents.
• It was noted that a new Practice Manager had been appointed for Kington Surgery.
• Encouraged residents to participate in the survey for the proposed routes for Hereford bypass
• Old Court, Staunton On Wye – planning application 173191 (feedstock clamp)
It was noted that the clamp can be seen from the road and suggested that the applicant’s farm vehicles should not be using the road through the village, but redirected, or an internal road built.
• The resurfacing schedule for 2018/19 has been delayed
• It was noted that potholes on the roads in the vicinity of Stockley Cross had not been filled.

4.2 Receive Reports From Parish Councillors
• It was noted that a wall was being built at the road entrance to the chicken sheds at Manor Farm, Staunton On Arrow and there is a footpath where the wall is being constructed. The Footpath Officer has been informed.
• The following was noted: an anonymous telephone call had been received, regarding builders waste being tipped in a field alongside Green Lane. The Chairman had been informed that the owner of the field had been granted the relevant Licence for the disposal of this waste.

4.3 Receive Views From Local Residents
There were none

5. Planning Matters
The following planning matters were discussed and noted:
172556 – Land At Mill Green, Stansbatch– Proposed conversion of agricultural buildings into Dwelling and detached garage – Approved
173191 – Old Court, Staunton On Arrow – proposed building for sugar beet feedstock clamp – comments submitted on 17/10/17 regarding concerns over the height of the building – Approved
174051 – Land adjacent to Stone House, Staunton On Arrow – proposed erection of two detached houses with associated landscaping and infrastructure – Approved
180566 – 2 The Orles, Roddhurst, Presteigne – retrospective two storey extension to rear and side of existing dwelling – valid
5.2 Update on Neighbourhood Plan
i) Update – The following points were noted:
• There is a Steering Group meeting on 8th March 2018, to discuss the draft plan
• Communication with Mr D Forbes had taken place, regarding designating Stag Meadow as a Green Space
• Open days in Titley and Staunton On Arrow were being arranged, dates to be confirmed, to invite local residents to discuss the draft plan.
• The Current NDP Grant was finishing on 31st March 2018 The Clerk informed the Councillors there was an underspend of £2081.80. Clerk to complete end of grant form online and return the underspend by cheque to Groundworks UK. A new grant application will be made, once the returned cheque has been acknowledged by Groundworks UK.
6. Finance
6.1 To receive Clerks report and approve finances (ex VAT)
• Clerks Financial statement
The Clerk informed the Councillors that the balance of the current account as at 28th February 2018 was £14,547.17 The February Bank Statement was signed and dated by Cllrs Edwards and Bennett
The clerk circulated an expenditure and budget sheet, which was approved.
The following payments (ex VAT) were AGREED and income Noted
• Clerk’s salary as agreed by the Council (Jan/Feb) – chq no: 100921
• P G Watts (Lengthsman) T17:10 (Jan) £336 paid under Clerk’s delegated powers chq no: 100919 on 17/01/18
• PG Watts (Lengthsman) T17:11 (Feb) £336 – chq no: 100925
• Hannah Vernon – Funding Research (Titley War Memorial) – £350 paid under Clerk’s delegated powers chq no 100920 dated 08/02/18
• Staunton on Arrow Village Hall – PC Meeting – £12.00 – chq no: 100924
NDP Grant
• David Nicholson ( Consultant) – TIG03 – £2154.60 – chq no: 100923
• Staunton On Arrow Village Hall – NDP meeting – £12.00 – chq no: 100924
• NOTE INCOME:
• William A Cadbury – grant for Titley War Memorial Restoration – £250
• The Rowlands Trust – grant for Titley War Memorial Restoration £2000
• HMRC – VAT reclaim for past 3 years – £684.67
• Lengthsman Reclaim from Herefordshire Council – (25% for quarter Oct – Dec ) £324

6.3 Data Protection
Clerk to email the GDPR toolkit by NALC to Councillors, which will be discussed
at the Parish Council on 8th May 2018.

7. Lengthsman
7.1 Matters Arising From The Lengthsman Report
The lengthsman report for January and February was discussed.
7.2 Drive Around The Parish With Peter Watts (Lengthsman) And Lara Edwards,
Balfour Beatty.
The drive around the Rodd, Knill and Little Brampton area of the parish was
discussed. A drive around the Titley area to be arranged for June 2018.

8. Highways
8.1 Pothole Updates
It was noted that some potholes around the Parish had been filled. The Councillors
were informed to report potholes by telephoning Herefordshire Council on 01432
261800 or by the Herefordshire Council website.. Ward Cllr Phillips aske Cllr
Bennett to send an email regarding potholes that had not been filled and to confirm
the road numbers.

9. Parish Reports Or Issues
9.1 Kington Library Consultation
There was no update
9.2 Kington Court/Community Health And Care Services
This was discussed and noted in Ward Cllr Phillips session
9.3 Milton/Manor Shoot
The Clerk confirmed that a letter had been written to the Forestry Commission
regarding shooting at Wapley. Todate no response had been received
9.4 War Memorial – Titley
The Clerk informed the Councillors that todate £2,250 had been received in grant
Money.
A discussion took place regarding the quotations received from Hudson Stonework
Ltd and William Protheroe Ltd. It was unanimously agreed to instruct William
Protheroe to carry out the restoration work on Titley War Memorial at a cost of
£4200, including 20% VAT.
Clerk to write and inform Hudson Stonework Ltd and William Protheroe Ltd the
decision.
It was agreed to instruct Hannah Vernon to apply to ‘Awards For All’ for the
remainder of the grant money.
9.5 Marches And Gloucestershire Viable Clusters Broadband Project – Update
It was noted that a new deal would mean that around 2200 further homes and
businesses will benefit from superfast fibre broadband by the end of 2019.
9.6 Staunton On Arrow Defibrillator
The Clerk had received correspondence from Staunton On Arrow WI, regarding a
buying a defibrillator for Staunton On Arrow. A discussion took place and as the
Parish Council had already obtained a grant for a defibrillator and case for Titley,
then they may not be able to apply for a second grant. It was agreed that a
donation would be made. Clerk to write to Staunton On Arrow WI
10. Correspondence
The correspondence from the information sheet was noted.

11. Date And Place Of Next Meeting
It was agreed the date of the following annual meetings:

Titley & District Group Parish Council Annual Meeting – 8th May 2018 at Titley
Village Hall at 7.30pm

Titley & District Group Annual Parish Meeting – 15th May 2018 at Staunton On
Arrow Village Hall at 7.30pm.

Meeting closed 9 30 pm

SIGNED (Chairman) ………………………….…………………… DATE ……………