TITLEY & DISTRICT GROUP PARISH COUNCIL
Tuesday 10th January 2017
At Titley Village Hall
Present: Cllrs R Edwards (Chairman), R Sankey, C Janson, H Jones,, N Lloyd, R Phillips
In Attendance: Parish Clerk Rachael Jones and 1 local residents
1. Apologies of absence
Cllrs N Davies and J Mitchell
2. Declaration of interest
3. Approval Of Minutes from the meeting held on Tuesday 8th November 2016
The minutes were approved and signed by the Chairman
4. Public Session
4.1 Ward Cllr Phillips
A discussion took place regarding planning applications 162518 and 162824 at The
Balance Farm, Titley.
Ward Cllr Phillips informed the Councillors that both planning applications had been
referred to Planning Committee for 18th January 2017, but delayed
due to comments from the Conservation Officer and Highways not being received.
Both applications should go before the Planning Committee in February.
The following points from Ward Cllr Phillips January update was discussed and noted:
• Herefordshire Council Budget
• Highways – Ward Cllr Phillips informed Councillors that none of the roads he had submitted to the Council and Balfour Beatty for inclusion in their 2017/18 capital programme, had been included.
• A discussion took place regarding the meeting arranged between Ward Cllr Phillips and the Police Commissioner. It was agreed that the local concerns regarding the speed of the traffic travelling through Titley should be discussed, with a request for speed checks in the area.
4.2 Receive Reports From Parish Councillors
The issue regarding effluent running down the C1027 road was discussed and
noted. Any reoccurring problems, to be reported at the next meeting.
It was reported, that due to the lifting of sugar beet, there was a lot of mud on
Green Lane, Titley.
4.3 Receive views of local residents
One local resident was present and a discussion took place regarding the planning
applications at The Balance Farm.
5. Planning Matters
5.1 The following planning matters were discussed and noted:
• 160581 – Land at Balance Farm, Titley – proposed site for the erection of five 4
bedroom dwellings – Approved
The Chairman informed the Councillors that after writing to Bill Wiggin MP,
regarding the above planning application being approved, an email had been
received from Bill Wiggin on 8/1/17, attaching the letter of response to Titley Parish
Council from Mr Kevin Bishop (Lead Development Manager, Herefordshire
Council) . It was noted, that this letter from Kevin Bishop had already been received by the
Parish Council in October 2016. It was agreed to take no further action
• 162518 – Agricultural Workers Dwelling at Balance Farm, Titley – to remove
agricultural occupancy condition on the historic permission for an agricultural
workers dwelling at Balance Farm, Titley, originally granted in 1995 (95/0238/0)
• 162824 – Land at Balance Farm, Titley – site for proposed erection of 5
dwellings – Valid
• As planning applications 162518 and 162824 have been referred to the Planning
Committee, the Chairman passed around a draft presentation for this meeting,
which was discussed.
It was agreed, that once the planning reports for both applications have been
published, the Chairman will prepare a presentation for the Planning
Committee meeting, which will be circulated to all Councillors for their
The date of the Planning Committee meeting TBA.
• 163940 – Old Priory, Titley, Kington, Herefordshire – replacement of 13 windows : 11 at upper level (all elevations) and 2 at lower level (north elevation only)- Listed Planning Consent – no objection
• Approval of policy for dealing with planning applications between Parish
The policy was discussed and approved with the following points noted:
i) Minor planning applications – 1 / 2 Councillors will consult and comment on the application.
ii) Major applications will be dealt with at a Parish Council meeting
5.2 Update On Neighbourhood Plan
i The Councillors were informed, that at the Steering Group meeting on 5th
January 2017, it was unanimously agreed to accept DJN Planning Ltd as the
consultant for the NDP. Part of his proposal included 8 free meetings.
A discussion took place regarding grants and it was agreed that the first
application would be completed in the new financial year (April 2017)
ii The notes taken at the Steering Group Meetings were approved.
iii The Councillors were informed that the Parish Council had been registered
with the PSMA (The Public Sector Mapping Agreement).
iv The Councillors were informed that DJN Planning Ltd had been approved
as the Consultant for the NDP.
It was noted that the new Support Officer at Herefordshire Council for NDP
is Stephanie Kitto. Stephanie.Kitto@herefordshire.gov.uk
6.0 Finance –
6.1 To receive Clerks report and approve finances (ex VAT)
• Clerks Financial statement
The Clerk informed the Councillors that the balance of the current account as at 31/12/16 – £9,308.85. The bank statements for November and December were signed by
Cllrs R Edwards and H Jones
The clerk circulated an expenditure and budget sheet which was approved.
The following payments (ex VAT) were AGREED and income Noted
• Clerks salary as agreed by the Council (Nov/Dec) chq no: 100871
• PAYE Oct – Dec 2016 – chq no: 100872 £54.00
• P G Watts (lengthsman) T16:08– November – £368.00 } chq no 100873
• P G Watts (lengthsman) T16:09 – December – £384.00 } total £752
• Hire of Staunton On Arrow Village Hall for 1st December 2016 – chq no: 100874 £12.00
• Data Protection Renewal – £35 (yearly fee – expires 17/1/2017) chq no: 100875 £35.00
• HALC – Inv no: 7246 – In house training session 1/12/16 £166.20 ex VAT } chq no 100876
• HALC – Purchase of book – Local Councils Explained – £39.99 } total £239.43
• Standing Orders – the Clerk circulated the draft Standing Orders for Titley & District Group Parish Council.
It was agreed to approve and adopt at the next Parish Council meeting.
• Finance Regulations – the Clerk circulated the draft Finance Regulations for Titley & District Group Parish Council.
It was agreed to approve and adopt at the next Parish Council meeting
• It was agreed to delegate authority to Clerk and Chairman, to pay outside Parish Council meetings, the lengthsman, HMRC and any emergency invoice up to the sum of £500.
7.1 Matters Arising From The Lengthsman Report
The lengthsman reports for November and December were circulated.
All further action from the reports, have been forwarded to Herefordshire Council.
7.2 Annual Maintenance Plan 2017/18
The Clerk informed the Councillors that the Annual Maintenance Plan for 2017/18
had to be completed by 28th February 2017.
Clerk to contact Lengthsman to confirm details in plan.
The Councillors were informed that the SID had been in Titley for the last month.
8.2 Issues For Police Commissioner
It was agreed that the local concerns, regarding the speed of the traffic travelling
through Titley should be discussed, with a request for speed checks in the area
9. Parish Reports Or Issues
9.1 Update – Website Wonder – titleygroup-pc.gov.uk
The Clerk informed the Councillors that the Agendas and Minutes for the Parish
Council meetings were put on the website.
9.2 Request For A Salt Bin – End Of Forge Lane
As agreed at the last meeting, the Clerk informed the Councillors that the salt bin had been moved to the end of
Forge Lane, Titley, by Balfour Beatty.
9.3 BT Pay Phones Consultation
The Clerk informed the Councillors that a reply had been completed.
The Clerk informed the Councillors that the Defibrillator had been delivered. A grant
application for a cabinet for the Defibrillator has been completed, but todate no reply
received. The Councillors were informed that the Village Hall Committee
had agreed to pay for the electricity supply to the defibrillator cabinet, which will be
positioned on the outside of Titley Village Hall.
9.5 Titley Village Hall Extension
The Councillors were informed that the works for Titley Village Hall extension would
start in the next week.
The correspondence from the information sheet was noted.
11. Date And Place Of Next Meeting
Tuesday 14th March 2017 At Staunton On Arrow Village Hall at 7.30pm
Meeting closed 9.30pm
SIGNED ………………………………………………………… DATE ……………….