Draft Minutes

TITLEY & DISTRICT GROUP PARISH COUNCIL
DRAFT MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
FOR TITLEY & DISTRICT GROUP PARISH COUNCIL
HELD ON TUESDAY 11 SEPTEMBER 2018 AT 7.30 PM
AT TITLEY VILLAGE HALL

Present: Cllrs R Edwards (Chairman), R Sankey, R Bennett, J Mitchell, N Lloyd, C Janson, H Jones, N Davies,    Ward Cllr Phillips
In Attendance: Parish Clerk Rachael Jones, 3 local residents

1. Apologies of absence
There was none

2 Declaration of interest
The following declaration of interests were declared and the Declaration Of Interest
Book signed :
Cllr R Edwards : planning application 5.1 – P182583/XA2 and P183111/XA2
Cllr H Jones – planning application 5.1 – 2 The Orles, Roddhurst, Presteigne

3. Approval Of Minutes from the meeting held on Tuesday 10th July 2018.
The minutes were approved and signed by the Chairman, with the following
amendment:
Minute 4: Bio- Digester, Old Court, Staunton On Arrow
The following sentence in the first bullet point to be removed
and replaced with the following:
It was noted that on the planning application, it was stated that internal piping would
be installed from the bio-digester to a storage tank and mainly spread on their own
land at Old Court.

4. Public Session
i) Receive Report From Ward Councillor
The following points were noted:
• A notice had recently been placed on the Staunton On Arrow notice board by a local resident.The notice had originally been placed on the notice board in February 2013 and it was to alert the community to the consultation that was taking place then (2013) on the proposed strategy for local housing. Ward Councillor Phillips informed the Councillors that the content of the notice was out of date, as the policy had been superseded and upgraded on 29th September 2015 by Inspector Christine Thorby, who placed Staunton On Arrow in RA2 Policy.
• European funding has been awarded to Stansbatch area, to bring the broadband speed up to the national average, within the next 2 years.

ii) Receive reports from Parish Councillors
Cllr Edwards had received a letter from a local resident from Staunton On Arrow, regarding how large vehicles should travel along the small roads/lanes. The resident suggested that the drivers should be educated regarding their driving along narrow roads.

iii) Receive views of local residents
There were 2 local residents from Staunton On Arrow present and the following points
were discussed and noted regarding the NDP:

NDP
• Cllr Janson informed the meeting that a draft plan had been drawn up, which will be discussed by the Steering Group on 20th September 2018.
• It was noted that Site 10 was still a concern and the residents asked if a cap could be put on it, for only 5 houses.
• The residents from Staunton on Arrow raised concerns regarding the referendum of the draft NDP Plan and asked if Titley and Staunton On Arrow could vote separately. Cllr Janson to ask Mr D Nicholson.
• It was noted that a new (revised) National Planning Policy Framework has recently been published, which includes transitional arrangements for NDPs in preparation. If plans are submitted by 24 January 2019, the previous NPPF will apply for the purposes of the examination.
• Staunton On Arrow residents queried the NDP settlement boundary. Cllr Janson explained that there is a certain criteria for setting out the boundary, but would speak to Mr Nicholson.

Bio-Digestate Tanker Route Through Staunton On Arrow Village
Further to a letter being sent from the Parish Council highlighting concerns from
Staunton On Arrow residents, regarding the route through Staunton On Arrow being
taken by the bio-digestate tanker from The Leen, the Chairman read out an email from
the Leen in response.
It was agreed that the Chairman, Cllr Edwards, would arrange a meeting with The
Leen and Cllrs Edwards and Bennett. Cllr Edwards to arrange.

Bio-Digester At Old Court, Staunton On Arrow
A discussion took place regarding the ongoing concerns by residents over the Bio-Digester at Old Court, Staunton On Arrow.
There was also concern regarding the height of the sugar beet feedstock clamp (planning 173191/F) and landscape issues. It was agreed, the Parish Council would write, regarding the landscaping of the building.

5. Planning Matters
5.1 The following planning matters were discussed and noted:
• 181476- Land At Balance Farm, Titley – Access Only – Valid
It was noted that the Parish Council had previously made comments regarding
the concerns over the road safety, but it was unanimously agreed to make a
further comment that the gatepost to the listed parkland to the west of the
entrance, which has not been shown on the plans, hugely reduces the visibility in
that direction.
• 182073 – Shobdon Airfield, Shobdon, HR6 9NR – retrospective application for free-fall parachuting – Valid – No Objection
• P182583/XA2 – Old Court, Staunton On Arrow – Application for approval of details reserved by conditions 4,5,6,7 & 8 attached to planning permission 141391 – Valid – no comments are being accepted for this application
• P183111/XA2 – Old Court, Staunton On Arrow – application for approval of details reserved by conditions 3 & 4 attached to planning application 161883 – Valid – no comments are being accepted for this application
• 2 The Orles, Roddhurst, Presteigne – Alleged breach of planning condition 3, regarding installation of windows – Outcome – no breach, therefore case closed
• P183235/AM – Stone House, Staunton On Arrow, HR6 9HR – proposed non material amendment to planning permission ref 174051, change of external materials, reduction in rubble stone walling area, predominantly on rear elevations. Principle elevations not affected – Valid
• 182996 – Land adjacent to Stone House, Staunton On Arrow – application for variation of conditions 2, 4, 5, 9 & 10 of planning permission 174051 (proposed erection of two detached houses with associated landscaping and infrastructure), creation of additional access to allow separate accesses for each dwelling – Valid – comments to be made by 28/9/18 (Cllr Bennett to contact neighbouring residents and applicant and report back)

5.2 Neighbourhood Development Plan
i) Update
A discussion regarding the NDP was discussed and noted under minute 4 iii)
Clerk to advise Steering Group when NDP Grant expires.
ii) Staunton On Arrow Residents Association
The notes from the residents association meeting were read out and noted.

6. Finance
To receive Clerk’s report and approve finances (ex VAT)
• Clerks Financial statement
The Clerk informed the Councillors the balance of the current account as at 31/08/18 – £17,338.94. The August 2018 bank statement was agreed and signed by Cllr Edwards and Bennett
The Clerk circulated an expenditure and budget sheet, which was approved.
• The following payments (Ex VAT) were AGREED and income noted:
• Clerk’s’ salary as agreed by the Parish Council (July) – chq no: 100945 (note: only July salary paid)
• P G Watts (Lengthsman) T18:04 (July) £513 – chq no: 100946
• PG Watts (Lengthsman) T18:05 (Aug) £360 – chq no: 100946
• Hire of Staunton On Arrow Village Hall (10/7/18) – £12 – chq no: 100947
• Eyelid Productions – Website support 2017 £100 – chq no: 100948
• Eyelid Productions – Website support 2018 £100 – chq no: 100948
• William Protheroe Ltd – restoration of Titley War Memorial – £3,500 – chq no: 100949
NDP Grant
• Hire Of Staunton On Arrow Village Hall (NDP Meeting 20/6/18) £12 – chq no: 100947
• Hire of Staunton On Arrow Village Hall (NDP Meeting on 12/4/18) the original chq no 100934 was mislaid and therefore cancelled, therefore paid and replaced with chq no: 100950

6.2 Parish Precept 2019/20
It was noted that the Parish Precept for 2019/20 had to set at the next Parish Council meeting on 6th November 2018.

7. GDPR
The Clerk informed Councillors that Privacy Notices had been uploaded onto the
Website and Councillor Privacy Notices circulated to Parish Councillors.

8. Lengthsman
8.1 Matters Arising From Lengthsman Report
The notes on the lengthsman report were noted.

9. Highways
9.1 Pothole Repairs And Other Public Realm Services
(Scrutiny Committee Consideration Of Highways Maintenance)
Herefordshire Council’s General Scrutiny Committee is planning to undertake a
review of highways maintenance – pothole repairs.
The review will consider the highway maintenance plan and seek to address
concerns expressed within the community about the potential mismatch between
policy and practice on pothole repairs. Comments to be made by Friday 2nd
November.
It was agreed that pot hole repairs do not show value for money, as pot holes in
one area of the road are often filled on 2 separate occasions, depending on their
category. It was agreed that a comment would be sent from the Parish
Council.
9.2 Bio-digestate Tanker Route Through Staunton On Arrow Village
This was discussed and recorded under Minute 4 iii).
9.3 Resurfacing – Staunton On Arrow
Following concerns regarding the lack of preparation work to the road
when resurfacing Staunton On Arrow, an email was sent from the Parish Council
to Balfour Beatty and Tarmac stating these concerns.
Balfour Beatty confirmed that the work done is guaranteed and will be monitored
by their sub contractor and Balfour Beatty, and any issues will be put right with
no cost to Herefordshire Council.
9.4 Mowley Lane
A local resident had sent an email and attached photographs to Ward Cllr
Phillips, highlighting the concerns over the potholes and the bad structural state
of the road along Mowley Lane. It was noted that the email had been forwarded
to Balfour Beatty. Ward Cllr Phillips has asked for the road to be inspected for
resurfacing and also reconstruction work.
9.5 Speed Limit Review – Titley
ADL Traffic & Highways Engineering Ltd had been instructed by Herefordshire
Council and Balfour Beatty, to assess the suitability of the existing speed limits
on the B4355 through Titley, on the U91601 School Lane, U91600 Green Lane
and U91602 Eywood Lane. The briefing note and recommendations from this
investigation had been sent to the Clerk. The recommendation was for the
speed limit not to be reduced to 30mph.

The following recommendations from the investigation were noted:
• Enhance the existing 40mph speed terminals by replacing them with yellow backing boards.
• Display the 40 speed terminal signs on the B4355 on the yellow backing boards
• Not reduce the speed limit on the B4355; unless there are effective self-enforcing traffic engineering features installed to complement a reduced speed limit. It is however concluded that the current 40mph speed limit is set to an appropriate level based on the topography of the road, the recorded 85th percentile speeds and the collision history.
• Not reduce the speed limit on the U91600 Green Lane
• Not reduce the speed limit on the U91601 School Lane
• Not reduce the speed limit on the U91602 Eywood Lane

A discussion took place and a local resident highlighted their concern. It was agreed to ask for an extension to the consultation date and to arrange a site meeting with Amol Pisal (AMOL), Ian Connelly (West Mercia PNN), Ward Cllr Phillips, Parish Councillors and local residents.
Ward Cllr Phillips and Clerk to arrange

10. Parish Reports Or Issues
10.1 Kington Library
There was no update.
10.2 Kington Court/Community Health And Care Services – Update
Ward Cllr Phillips informed the Councillors there was a Meeting 12th September
with Healthwatch Herefordshire at Kington Primary School.
10.3 Milton/Manor Shoot – Update
There was no update
10.4 Titley War Memorial
The Clerk informed the Parish Council that the restoration work had been
completed, but some pointing of the joints had come away. William Protheroe
had agreed to sort the pointing out.
10.5 Broadband
Discussed – see minute 4 i)
10.6 Defibrillator At Staunton On Arrow
The Clerk informed the Parish Council that the cost of a Zoll Defibrillator and the
Heated outdoor cabinet was £935. After a donation from the WI and money
raised by a village barbeque, £475 was left outstanding. It was unanimously
agreed to give a donation for £475 towards the defibrillator. Clerk to inform
Alison Lord (Staunton On Arrow WI) and ask for invoices for proof of purchase
before donation sent.
10.7 Replacement Of Stiles
Clerk had received an email from Lara Edwards (Balfour Beatty) confirming that
the landowner is responsible for installing and maintaining stiles and Balfour
Beatty would provide the materials.
10.8 Noise Problems From Shobdon Airfield
For information : Clerk had received an email from Eardisland Parish Council,
regarding correspondence sent to Shobdon Airfield Manager relating to noise
over the parish, especially from helicopters. Eardisland Parish Council invited
the Airfield Manager to a Parish Council meeting, to discuss a way forward.
10.9 SID
Cllr Sankey And Clerk to find out if the SID is in Pembridge.

11. Correspondence
It was noted that there is a Children and Young people’s plan for Herefordshire, which
completed responses must be submitted by 30th September 2018. The email had
previously been circulated to all Parish Councillors.

12. Date And Place Of Next Meeting
The next Parish Council meeting to take place on November 6th Staunton On Arrow
2018 at 7.30pm.

Meeting closed 10.15 pm

SIGNED (Chairman) …………………………… DATE ……………