TITLEY & DISTRICT GROUP PARISH COUNCIL
DRAFT MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
FOR TITLEY & DISTRICT GROUP PARISH COUNCIL
HELD ON TUESDAY 8TH JANUARY 2019 AT 7.30 PM
AT TITLEY VILLAGE HALL
Present: Cllrs R Edwards (Chairman), J Mitchell, N Lloyd, N Davies, R Sankey,
In Attendance: Parish Clerk Rachael Jones and 2 local residents
1. Apologies of absence
Ward Cllr R Phillips Cllr R Bennett
2 Declaration of interest
The following declaration of interests were declared and the Declaration Of Interest
Book signed :
Cllrs R Edwards – Item 5.1 P182583/XA2 and P183111/XA2
3. Approval Of Minutes from the meeting held on Tuesday 6th November 2018.
The minutes were approved and signed by the Chairman with the following
Minute 9.3 – amendment:
‘The Forestry Commission had sent a list of dates to local residents, which informed
them when shooting would take place in the forestry, but it had been noted that
shooting in the forestry had taken place on dates not on the list’.
Addendum amendment to record Councillors present when cheques signed:
‘Councillors In Attendance: Cllr Edwards, Cllr Mitchell and Cllr Bennett’
4. Public Session
i) Receive Report From Ward Councillor Phillips
Ward Cllr Phillips sent his apologies via email, which the Chairman read out.
The following 2 planning matters were listed in the content of his email and
183871 – The Grove, Noke Lane, Pembridge – Current
162824 – Land at Balance Farm, Titley – site for proposed erection of 5
Dwellings – refused – It was noted that the landowner has sought a legal opinion on
the Council’s refusal of this application.
A discussion took place and it was agreed the Parish Council would send a response
to Herefordshire Council. Cllr Janson to also seek David Nicholson’s views.
Ward Cllr Phillips January update which had been previously circulated, was
ii) Receive reports from Parish Councillors
Cllr Bennett asked if Balfour Beatty could supply 2 stiles for Staunton On Arrow,
1 to go by Millennium garden which Cllr Bennett will fit and 1 by the butts on the
roadside by the planning application at The Grove (the land belongs to The Lealands).
Clerk to contact Lara Edwards (Balfour Beatty)
iii) Receive views of local residents
Cllr Edwards read out an email from Charlotte and Edward Morris, regarding the
Milton/Manor Shoot, which was in response to a letter the Parish Council had sent to
them, after discussions at the November 2018 Parish Council meeting. The content of
the email was noted.
A discussion took place and it was agreed to try to arrange a meeting between local
residents, PC Dean Wall and Andrew Morris from the Milton/Manor Shoot.
Two local residents from Stansbatch, informed the Councillors that in
December, a pheasant which had been shot by Milton/Manor shoot, had hit
their bathroom window breaking the glass. They were concerned that shooting was taking place too close to their property. The residents commented, that shooting had taken place in the forestry on dates not on the list from the Forestry Commission.
5. Planning Matters
5.1 The following planning matters were discussed and noted:
• 182073 – Shobdon Airfield, Shobdon, HR6 9NR – retrospective application for free-fall parachuting – Withdrawn
• P182583/XA2 – Old Court, Staunton On Arrow – Application for approval of details reserved by conditions 4,5,6,7 & 8 attached to planning permission 141391 – Approved
• P183111/XA2 – Old Court, Staunton On Arrow – application for approval of details reserved by conditions 3 & 4 attached to planning application 161883 –Approved.
• P182996 – Land Adjacent To Stone House, Staunton On Arrow – creation of additional access to allow separate accesses for each dwelling – Valid – (Titley & District Group Parish Council do not support this application).
• 183329 – Barleycorn, Balance Barns, Titley – proposed oak frame garage to front of dwelling with home office with roof void – Refused
• 183262 – Land adjacent to Titley Court Barns, Titley – erection of 2 new barn conversion style dwellings, including improvements to the access and demolition of existing agricultural building – Withdrawn – awaiting ecology report which can only be done in summer – (Titley & District Group Parish Council do not support this application).
• 183263 Land adjacent to Titley Court Barns, Titley- Listed Building Consent – erection of 2 new barn conversion style dwellings, including improvements to the access and demolition of existing agricultural building – Approved Listed Building Consent not required – (Titley & District Group Parish Council do not support this application).
• 183572 – Cedar House Farm, Roddhurst, LD1 2LH – erection of additional manure store adjacent to existing manure store – Valid (Titley & District Group Parish Council have no objections to this application)
• 183156 – Land at Wegnalls Mill, Presteigne – proposed conversion and extension of an ancillary store into a holiday let – Withdrawn (Titley & District Group Parish Council have no objections)
• 183303 – Wegnalls Mill, Presteigne – application for the erection of a porch – Valid – (Titley & District Parish Council have no objections)
• 183871 – The Grove, Noke Lane, Pembridge – install of Waterwheel & channel adj to existing weir – Valid – (Titley & District Parish Council have no objections)
5.2 Neighbourhood Development Plan
Cllr Janson informed Councillors that 12 local residents had attended the open
session at Titley and 9 at Staunton on Arrow.
At the end of the consultation period, 28th January 2019, the comment sheets
will be collected from the various collection points and sent to Mr David
Nicholson to be assessed. If significant comments were received from
residents, the draft NDP would be amended electronically and not
re-printed, and then discussed at the next appropriate Parish Council
ii) NDP Draft Plan
The NDP draft plan which had been previously circulated to Parish Councillors,
ii) Staunton On Arrow Residents Association
There was no update
iv) NDP Grant – Update
The Clerk informed the Councillors that the current grant phase had finished on
31st December 2018 and an end of grant report had been completed
and submitted on-line. A grant of £3280 had originally been awarded on 24th
May 2018 and expenditure totalling £3936.90 had been paid out.
A new application for the next phase of the NDP process would be submitted. A
discussion took place regarding the grant and it was agreed to apply for a grant
totalling £2056.60, made up of £1993.20 for Mr D Nicholson, £15.40 for flyers
and £48 for the hire of the village halls for 4 meetings.
6. 6.1 Finance
To receive Clerk’s report and approve finances (ex VAT)
• Clerks Financial statement
The Clerk informed the Councillors the balance of the current account as at 31/12/18 – £13,241.09. The December 2018 bank statement was agreed and signed by Cllr Edwards and Cllr Mitchell
The Clerk circulated an expenditure and budget sheet, which was approved.
• The following payments (Ex VAT) were AGREED and income noted:
• Clerk’s’ salary as agreed by the Parish Council (Nov/Dec) – chq no: 100961
• PAYE (Oct – Dec 2018) £21.60 – chq no: 100962
• Data Protection Fee (New Fee Under Data Protection (Charges & Information) Regulations 2018 – £40 – chq 100963
• P G Watts (Lengthsman) T18:08 (November) £265.50 paid under Clerk’s delegated powers chq no: 100960
• PG Watts (Lengthsman) T18:09 (December) £477 – chq no: 100964
• Staunton On Arrow Village Hall (PC 6/11) £12 – paid under Clerk’s delegated powers chq no: 100957
• Staunton On Arrow Village Hall (NDP 22/11) £12 – paid under Clerk’s delegated powers chq no: 100957
• Orphans Printing Press (Posters) – £147.60 paid under Clerk’s delegated powers chq no: 100958
• Orphans Printing Press (Draft plan booklets) – £1,028 paid under Clerk’s delegated powers chq no: 100959
• DJN Planning Ltd- Preparation of display boards and attendance at open sessions – £418.20 – chq no: 100965
• Staunton On Arrow Village Hall – (NDP open meeting on 14/12 inc heating) – £16 – chq no: 100966
7.1 Matters Arising From Lengthsman Report
The comments on the lengthsman report were noted.
Cllr Janson asked if the ditch down Lower Tan House Lane, (91608), could be
reported to Lara Edwards, Balfour Beatty, for inspection. (Clerk)
It was also noted that the gully at Yew Tree Cottage, reported to Lara Edwards, had
8.1 Pothole Repairs And Other Public Realm Services
There were no updates/comments.
8.2 Bio-Digestate Tanker Route Through Staunton On Arrow – Update
As agreed at the Parish Council meeting on 6th November 2018, a letter had
been written to The Leen, suggesting proposals to try to limit the impact of tanker
movements through Staunton On Arrow. Todate no reply has been received.
8.3 Speed Limit Review – Titley
Balfour Beatty informed the Parish Council that a Tapley Meter run around the
Eywood/Stagg bend had been undertaken and the results show that consideration
could be given to deploying “MAX 25” warning plates for both directions. Also, the
40mph limit speed limit terminal signage would benefit from being on yellow backing
boards to increase visibility – particularly at the northern end where terminals are in a
shady spot. Balfour Beatty advised that the above recommendations had to be
approved by Herefordshire Council.
8.4 Annual Drive Around Titley With Balfour Beatty
The Clerk informed the Councillors the Titley drive around will be on
Wednesday 30th January 2019. Lara Edwards (BB), Peter Watts (Lengthsman),
R. Jones (Clerk) and Cllr Sankey to attend.
8.5 SID (Discussion)
A discussion took place regarding finding someone new to set up the SID when it
was in Titley.
9. Parish Reports Or Issues
9.1 Kington Library
There was no update.
9.2 Kington Court/Community Health And Care Services – Update
There was no update
9.3 Milton/Manor Shoot – Update
This was discussed under minute 4iii.
There was none.
11. Date And Place Of Next Meeting
The next Parish Council meeting to take place on 5th March 2019, Staunton On Arrow
Village Hall at 7.30pm.
Meeting closed 9.30
SIGNED (Chairman) …………………………… DATE ……………