TITLEY & DISTRICT GROUP PARISH COUNCIL
DRAFT MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
FOR TITLEY & DISTRICT GROUP PARISH COUNCIL
HELD ON TUESDAY 9TH JULY 2019 AT 7.30 PM
AT TITLEY VILLAGE HALL
Present: Cllrs R Edwards (Chairman), R Sankey, C Janson, R Bennett, H Jones, N Davies, Ward Cllr Phillips
In Attendance: Parish Clerk R Jones and 1 local resident
1. Apologies of absence
Cllr J Mitchell, N Lloyd
2. Declaration of interest
There were no Declaration Of Interests declared. The Chairman signed the book.
3. Approval Of Minutes from the meeting held on Tuesday 6th May 2019 And
Special Parish Council Planning meeting held on Tuesday 15th May 2019
The minutes for both meetings were approved and signed by the Chairman
4. Public Session
i) Receive Report From Ward Councillor Phillips
Ward Cllr Phillips discussed his July update, which had been previously circulated.
ii) Receive reports from Parish Councillors
• Cllr Davies informed the Councillors that approximately 8/10 years ago, the Wye & Usk Foundation installed a fish ladder in the river at the weir, Knill. Gradually the river has worn its way under the fish ladder at the weir and disappeared. The EA and Wye & Usk Foundation have inspected the river, but have no funding to reinstate it.
• A discussion took place regarding not trimming some verges, to enable wild flowers to grow. It was agreed to put on the Agenda for the September meeting.
iii) Receive views of local residents
There was none.
5. Planning Matters
5.1 The following planning matters were discussed and noted:
• 183871 – The Grove, Noke Lane, Pembridge – installation of Waterwheel & channel adj to existing weir – Valid – (Titley & District Parish Council have no objections)
• 190122 – Balance Farm Titley – Access application for approval of reserved matters following outline approval 160581/0 (proposed site for the erection of 5 no four bedroom dwellings) – Valid – Under Appeal With Secretary Of State
• 190006 – Land at Stockley Farm, Byton – proposed agricultural dwelling – Valid – it was noted that this application is outside the Parish Council boundary. The Parish Council had commented on road safety issues and the situation of the proposed dwelling
• 190845 – Stone House, Staunton on Arrow – proposed conversion of existing outbuilding to create ancillary accommodation – approved ( no objections )
• 190844 – The Rodd, Presteigne, Powys – to locate office on first floor of house and use some other rooms for storage of archive material, to make some ground floor rooms open to the general public, creation of parking spaces and to change use of the annex (Orchard House) to holiday let – Valid (Titley & District Group Parish Council have no objections)
• 191563 – Arch Barns, Titley Court Barn B, Titley, Kington – application for variation of condition 2 of planning permission for period barns to create five residential dwellings. To allow alternative plans – Valid (Titley & District Group Parish Council have no comments)
• 191531 – Wegnalls Mill, Presteigne – to replace ancillary store with residential annex for use as an air B&B – valid – (Titley & District Group Parish Council have no objections)
• 192304 – The Square, Titley, Kington, HR5 3RG – proposed front two storey extension, proposed side single storey extension & proposed single storey rear extension – Valid
5.2 Neighbourhood Development Plan
It was noted that following Regulation 16, the NDP had progressed to
examination. The Clerk had been sent the progression to examination
document, which had been circulated to the Councillors and Steering Group.
The NDP document and the concerns raised by parishioners’ was discussed,
particularly relating to the land at Balance Farm and Site 7 at Staunton On
6. 6.1 Finance
To receive Clerk’s report and approve finances (ex VAT)
• Clerks Financial statement
The Clerk informed the Councillors the balance of the current account as at
30/6/2019 was £12,680.24. The June 2019 bank statement was agreed and signed by Cllr Edwards and Cllr Bennett
The Clerk circulated an expenditure and budget sheet, which was approved.
• The following payments (Ex VAT) were AGREED and income noted:
• Clerk’s’ salary as agreed by the Parish Council (May/June ) – chq no: 100984
• PAYE – Apr – June £20.80 – chq no: 100983
• Hire of Staunton On Arrow Village Hall (for 7/5/19) – chq no: £12.00
• NDP GRANT
The clerk informed the Councillors that the total NDP expenditure was £14,637.76 and the total amount of Grant received was £12,787.00.
7.1 Signing Of Lengthsman Contract Between Titley & District Group Parish
Council and Balfour Beatty
The Lengthsman Contract was signed by the Chairman and Clerk.
Clerk to post signed Contract to Balfour Beatty.
7.2 Items For Lengthsman Worksheet
A discussion took place regarding creating a job sheet for Hi Trees, the new
Lengthsman. It was agreed at present there were no jobs for the Lengthsman.
8.1 Pothole Repairs And Other Public Realm Services
The following road surfaces were discussed and noted:
• 91607 outside Broadford and from Stockley Cross to Milton Crossroads
• Horseway Head (91604)
8.2 Bio-Digestate Tanker Route Through Staunton On Arrow – Update
There was no update.
8.3 Speed Limit Review – Titley
There was no update
8.4 Annual Drive Around Staunton On Arrow With Balfour Beatty
It was agreed to arrange a drive around the Rodd, Knill and Little Brampton
parishes in September/October with Lara Edwards, Balfour Beatty Steward.
Clerk to arrange.
8.5 Speed Indicator Device (Discussion)
It was noted that the SID was now sited in Titley, which Cllr Mitchell had
9. Parish Reports Or Issues
9.1 Kington Library
There was no update.
9.2 Kington Court/Community Health And Care Services – Update
It was reported that there was now a full complement of Doctors at Kington
9.3 Milton/Manor Shoot – Update
As agreed at the Parish Council meeting in May, a letter had been written
from the Parish Council to BASC. The Chairman read out the reply from
BASC, who advised that if the Parish Council wanted BASC to investigate the
shoot, they would have to make a formal complaint against the shoot.
A discussion took place regarding the way forward. The Parish Council could either make a formal complaint to BASC, or contact Mr A Morris (Manor shoot). It was agreed to contact Mr Morris and inform him that BASC had been contacted and if any constraints were made during the next shooting season, the Parish Council would make a formal complaint to BASC.
It was also noted that a meeting between PC Wall and Stansbatch residents regarding the shoot had taken place.
9.4 Nash – Update On Business Operating At Nash
Ward Cllr Phillips informed the Councillors that an Enforcement Team had
visited the business at Nash and fundamentally a business can be run from
there maintaining lawnmowers. It was also noted that the site belongs to the
quarry and at present there is no formal arrangement regarding the business,
but the quarry are seeking to formalise it.
10.1 The Councillors were informed that the Radnor Day Centre are looking for new
Clerk to find out details.
10.2 The Clerk had received an invitation for Councillors to attend a Great
Collaboration meeting at the Old Police Station, Kington, on 29th July 2019 at
Cllr Edwards agreed to attend
11. Date And Place Of Next Meeting
Tuesday 10th September 2019, to be held at Staunton On Arrow Village Hall at 7.30pm
Meeting closed 21.25 pm
SIGNED (Chairman) …………………………… DATE ……………