TITLEY & DISTRICT GROUP PARISH COUNCIL
DRAFT MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
FOR TITLEY & DISTRICT GROUP PARISH COUNCIL
HELD ON TUESDAY 7TH MAY 2019 AT 7.30 PM
AT STAUNTON ON ARROW VILLAGE HALL
Present: Cllrs R Edwards (Chairman), J Mitchell, R Sankey, C Janson
R Bennett, H Jones
In Attendance: Parish Clerk Rachael Jones and 8 local residents
1. To Elect A Chairman
Cllr Edwards was nominated by Cllr Sankey, seconded by Cllr Bennett and was
Cllr Edwards accepted the role and signed the declaration of acceptance.
2. To Elect A Vice-Chairman
Cllr Bennett was nominated by Cllr Mitchell, seconded by Cllr Janson and was
unanimously agreed. Cllr Bennett accepted the role.
3. Acceptance Of Position Of Councillor For The Parish And Declaration Of
The Clerk circulated the forms to all Councillors present. The Councillor Acceptance
forms were completed and returned to the clerk, who countersigned them.
4 Apologies of absence
Ward Cllr R Phillips, Cllr N Davies, PC Dean Wall
5. Declaration of interest
There were no Declaration Of Interest declared. The Chairman signed the book.
6. Approval Of Minutes from the meeting held on Tuesday 5th March 2019
The minutes were approved and signed by the Chairman
7. Public Session
i) Report From PC Dean Wall
PC Dean Wall sent his apologies via an email which the Chairman read out.
ii) Receive Report From Ward Councillor Phillips
Ward Cllr Phillips sent his apologies. The Chairman read out an email from Ward Cllr Phillips, which had been previously circulated.
iii) Receive reports from Parish Councillors
• Cllr Mitchell raised the concern again which had been discussed at the meeting on 5th
March 2019, regarding identifying areas of grass verges along the roads which have wild flowers growing and to lobby Herefordshire Council, to limit the cutting of the identified grass verges. It was agreed that Councillors should put forward at the next Parish Council meeting in July, any grass verges they would like to be protected.
• A discussion took place regarding the new gateway in a field belonging to Bircher Farm, Titley, which had been discussed at the meeting on 5th March 2019. It was noted that Cllr Lloyd had visited the owners and they had confirmed that there was an old gateway there before. The Councillors raised concerns regarding the visibility and the steep slope coming out of the gateway onto the B4355.
• Cllr Janson had been asked by residents of Knill/Nash, for an update regarding the business near the quarry, which repairs tractors and lawnmowers. This had been discussed at the Parish Council meeting on 5th March 2019. It was noted that it was being dealt with by Ward Cllr Phillips.
iv) Receive views of local residents
A few residents from Stansbatch had attended the meeting, specifically to speak with
PC Dean Wall, regarding the Milton/Manor Shoot, but unfortunately PC Wall was unable to attend. The residents raised concerns again, that they felt unsafe in their community, due to the closeness of the shoot and the amount of days per week they were shooting. It was noted that they felt the actual shooting season was short, but for their community it lasted 12 months, due to the amount of pheasants around all year. It was noted that Titley Parish Council had written to the Forestry Commission and the owners of the Milton/Manor Shoot on previous occasions and had tried to arrange meetings several times between the residents, police and the owners of the shoot.
A discussion took place and the following was agreed:
• the residents to arrange a meeting with PC Dean Wall, to raise their concerns.
• the Parish Council to write to PC Dean Wall, to convey the residents disappointment with him not attending this meeting and to ask for clarification of what Mr A Morris is doing to make the shoot safe.
• Parish Council to write to BASC, raising concerns regarding shooting too close to houses, too many pheasants being released etc and to ask for their advice.
8. Planning Matters
8 The following planning matters were discussed and noted:
• 183871 – The Grove, Noke Lane, Pembridge – install of Waterwheel & channel adj to existing weir – Valid – (Titley & District Parish Council have no objections)
• 190122 – Balance Farm Titley – Access application for approval of reserved matters following outline approval 160581/0 (proposed site for the erection of 5 no four bedroom dwellings) – Valid – Under Appeal With Secretary Of State
• 190006 – Land at Stockley Farm, Byton – proposed agricultural dwelling – Valid – it was noted that this application is outside the Parish Council boundary, but the Parish Council had commented on road safety issues and the situation of the proposed dwelling
• 190258 – Lower Tan House Staunton On Arrow – extension/alterations to dwelling – Approved
• 190845 – Stone House, Staunton on Arrow – proposed conversion of existing outbuilding to create ancillary accommodation – Valid ( no objections )
9.1 Neighbourhood Development Plan
Cllr Janson informed the Councillors, that the draft NDP would hopefully be
ready for approval by the Parish Council, at the Parish AGM on 14th May 2019.
Once approved by the Parish Council, it would then be submitted to
10. 10.1 Finance
To receive Clerk’s report and approve finances (ex VAT)
• Clerks Financial statement
The Clerk informed the Councillors the balance of the current account as at
30/3/19 – £10,298.21. The March 2019 bank statement was agreed and signed by Cllr Edwards and Cllr Bennett
The Clerk circulated an expenditure and budget sheet, which was approved.
• The following payments (Ex VAT) were AGREED and income noted:
• Clerk’s’ salary as agreed by the Parish Council (Mar/Apr ) – chq no: 100975
• PAYE – Jan – March £4.20 – paid under Clerk’s delegated powers chq no: 100974 13/4/19
• P G Watts (Lengthsman) T18:12 (March) £373.50 paid under Clerk’s delegated powers chq no: 100973 13/4/19
• Came & Company Insurance – £330 (3 year term) – chq 100977
• HALC subscription – £283.38 (ex VAT £56.68) – chq 100975
• GJ Evans & Co (accountant) – £150 – chq 100979
• NDP GRANT
• David Nicholson TIG08 – £811.60 – paid as agreed and recorded in the minutes of the meeting held on 5th March 2019, under minute 5.2iii – chq no: 100972
• Hereford Council First Precept payment 2019/20 – £5,250
10.2 2018/19 Accounts
Certificate Of Exemption – approved and signed by the Chairman
Governance Statements – Statements completed, approved and signed by
Chairman and Clerk
Accounting Statements – approved and signed by Chairman and Financial
10.3 Approve Draft Budget For 2019/20
The draft budget was approved
10.4 Approve Code Of Conduct
The Code of Conduct was approved and adopted
10.5 Approve Standing Orders
The Standing Orders were approved and adopted
11.1 Consider a New Lengthsman
A discussion took place regarding replacing the previous lengthsman. The Clerk
informed Councillors she had contacted Hi-Trees and their charges were £18/hr,
£21/hr for labour and small hand tools, £60/hr for mini digger. A discussion took
place and it was suggested to create a job sheet. It was agreed to discuss at the
11.2 Lengthsman Annual Maintenance Plan 2019/20
Clerk to complete and return to Balfour Beatty.
12.1 Pothole Repairs And Other Public Realm Services
There were no comments
12.2 Bio-Digestate Tanker Route Through Staunton On Arrow – Update
There was no update.
12.3 Speed Limit Review – Titley
The Clerk informed Councillors that she had received an email from Graham
Hornsby, stating that procurement of the signs for Titley were progressing, but
could not confirm a timescale at present.
12.4 Annual Drive Around Staunton On Arrow With Balfour Beatty
The annual drive around Staunton On Arrow Parish with Lara Edwards (Balfour
Beatty Steward), Cllrs Edwards and Bennett had taken place on 1st April 2019,
which was discussed. Several jobs for Balfour Beatty were noted and
It was agreed a drive around Rodd, Knill and Little Brampton would be
arranged for September/October.
12.5 Speed Indicator Device (Discussion)
A discussion took place regarding putting up the SID in Titley, as there was no-
one at present responsible for it. Cllr Mitchell agreed to ask a resident of Titley
if they would be interested.
13. Parish Reports Or Issues
13.1 Kington Library
There was no update.
13.2 Kington Court/Community Health And Care Services – Update
There was no update
13.3 Milton/Manor Shoot – Update
This was discussed and noted under minute 7 iv.
There was none.
15. Date And Place Of Next Meeting
Tuesday 9th July 2019, to be held at Titley Village Hall at 7.30pm
Meeting closed 10.15pm
SIGNED (Chairman) …………………………… DATE ……………